Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Hydrogen Fuel

Hydrogen Fuel

Global warming is a threat to us all. Hydrogen fuel is one of the easy, dependable, and clean solutions to this problem. Money will have to be invested into it, but the technology is already essentially there. But why is it so unheard of? Why has there been no breakthrough in the past few years? Why does it seem that all of the world’s governments ignore the biggest threat to have strolled onto this planet?

There are many solutions to an even larger amount of problems. Almost all of us have cars. And everyone who owns a car drives it. Every car releases about 300 pounds of carbon dioxide for every full tank of gas it uses up. That’s about 6840 pounds of Co2 a year! Hydrogen releases absolutely no harmful pollutants. In Vancouver, there is a whole fleet of hydrogen buses they are hoping to use to send visitors to and fro of the winter games. So why isn’t this something we do all around the world?

The technology is available for buses. Why not adapt that technology to freighter trucks? Trains? Or even cars? Some trucks pollute as much as 150 cars. Honda has already designed and is building hydrogen cars. The Honda FCX Clarity is a fully functional Fuel Cell Electric vehicle, although only available in the Los Angeles Area, in the United States, it could be adapted to work everywhere around the world. I think it would improve everyone’s living. Life expectancy will be longer and healthier, and people will be healthier in general. The world as we know it is, in all honesty, disgusting. I think everyone agrees with me when I say that I don’t want to live in a chimney. What do we have to lose, but our home and lives?

FISH

3 comments:

  1. Great editorial. I hadn't the slightest clue that hydrogen fuel existed! very well written, if I was grading this, I would give it a 4+. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lilcutie is right. I had no idea hydrogen was such a viable solution. Great blog! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for all the supportive comments. You guys are great!

    FISH

    ReplyDelete